Hosting a webinar is a fantastic way to build your list but it is important to create a clear call to action on your webinar. This will enable you to build a conversion. Having a conversion then generates profits depending on the call to action. People are lazy so if you don’t tell them what to do, most of them will not do anything.
A clear call to action should encourage a sense of urgency due to the clearness and the information shared throughout the presentation provided. It will provide the next steps to take. It explains what, when, why, where, and how to proceed to obtain the benefits.
- Be Clear & Concise – Use direct words like “Click Here to Get the ABC Toolkit” or other actionable words to tell them directly what they need to do to capture the benefits of the offer. Don’t make them guess.
- Offer a Guarantee – Reiterate the benefits of your offer, and the guarantee you are making them to reduce their fear of signing up or purchasing ie: 30 day money back guarantee and we part as friends.
- Play on their Emotions – You want them to feel as if the offer is so good that if they don’t do it now they’ll lose out on the opportunity. Use words that make them feel as if they will miss out if they don’t act, or they will belong if they do act.
- Add Incentives to Action – Bulk up the offer by adding incentives to it. “Purchase now, and get a set of steak knives too.” Or “Buy within the next 30 minutes and get 30% off, plus an extra report, plus another incentive.”
Encourage those who answer your call to action to post on social media about their purchase or action. People like sharing what they love and they like to feel part of a bigger picture.
Now it is time for you to create your call to action on your webinar presentation slides. Use the methods above to create your special offer which will lead back to your website, a purchase and ultimately your list.
What are the main differences between webinars and videos?
They are both essentially recordings of a presentation but they are just completed differently, normally using different technology or devices. Webinars are normally recorded live, whereas videos are pre-recorded and uploaded.
Similarities of Webinars and Videos
Webinars and videos can both be:
- Be automated
- Training videos or course
- You can re-purpose both into podcasts and YouTube Videos and of course blog posts.
The Key Differences about Webinars
Webinars are normally presented live to your audience. Although you can automate them and build them into a training course. Presenting live webinars builds immediate relationship power. They are an excellent way to deliver coaching and consulting. They are also a great way to have round table discussions and to answer questions at anytime throughout the webinar. Webinars are usually hosted and recorded on a webinar platform such as Go To Webinar, Anymeeting or Google Hangouts (just to name a few!) They can be recorded and then edited afterwards to obtain a more streamlined presentation. Webinars usually run for an hour, although some can be longer or shorter depending on the format and what is specified in the invitation.
The Key Differences about Videos
Videos are pre-recorded using either a video camera or other video software depending on the type of video that you are recording. Videos can also be pre-recorded using a webinar platform as well. These can then be edited using specific video editing software such as Camtasia or Premiere Elements, you can then upload the videos to your website, Youtube and other mediums. Videos are different to webinars because they are not live, you can only answer questions after the fact and they are not automatically responsive in engagement and inclusion that a webinar offers. Videos can also be super short ie 1-2 minutes and this is a great way to offer small snippets of information or potentially create that small video to invite your customers to your webinar.
Both webinars and videos are fantastic to include in your marketing arsenal as they both engage the audience to learn about you and your expertise.
A webinar is an effective medium for engagement, promotions and training. However, there are many things to consider before hosting that first webinar. You will need to ensure that you have a few things ready to go before pressing record and welcoming your guests. So here are five things to consider before hosting your first webinar.
Have a goal in mind
Understand why you are hosting a webinar. Is your end result to sell a product? Is it to gain more subscribers to your email marketing list. Is it just to provide information and create yourself as an industry expert? Ensure that you have your end goal in front of mind when creating your webinar and what you want to achieve at the end. This will help with planning your first webinar.
Plan your first webinar
Planning your first webinar is important to ensure that it runs smoothly. Ensure that your slides are professional and not too wordy, we have some great tips here. Practice your webinar so that it doesn’t sound like you are reading from a document. If you are providing a demonstration, ensure that you have the software, product etc ready to go prior to the webinar.
Test your technology
Ensure that you technology is up to scratch. Have a decent internet speed and headset with microphone and pick a webinar platform. Running a small webinar with a friend or with Adminaholics to ensure that your technology is going to be maintained throughout the webinar will ensure that you can run the webinar on the day. Technology has a way of being temperamental but if you can sort the basics before the webinar, it will assist in a smooth running presentation.
Marketing your first webinar
There is no point running a webinar if you don’t tell everyone about it. Some great ways to market are through social media, your email marketing list, word of mouth, joint ventures and affiliates. Keep a steady stream and ensure that you advertise everywhere that you can. The more people that you attend your webinar, the more opportunity you will have to achieve your end result.
Break some rules
Webinars are not a new concept. They have been around for a while and many people have perfected it. This has lead to some customary practices which are more like unwritten rules. It is important to make your webinar a little bit different and break some of the rules but in a constructive way. Don’t go haywire but don’t follow a predictable script either. Customers that attend your webinars want to hear from you so it’s important that your personality and expertise shine through!
Go for Gold!
We have created an essential webinar checklist so that you can host the perfect webinar! Download it for free today!
Organising some slides on a PowerPoint Presentation for a Webinar is still important even if you are doing a demonstration or screen sharing. You can arrange to have an introduction slide as well as a final slide with your details and of course don’t forget a promotion slide too. PowerPoint has some really awesome presentation tools and we’re going to discuss some of those presentation tips below. There are dozens of other software available that can help you to come up with a presentation but PowerPoint remains to be the most user-friendly and easiest to use with lots of features. Here are 6 tips that can really help to rock your Webinar:
- A PowerPoint presentation should be used as a visual tool only, which can include snippets, bullet points, illustrations, images or video. The remaining job is that of the presenter to really engage the audience with the quality information that they are presenting. The presenter should also deliver the presentation with consistent energy that will engage the audience.
- PowerPoint presentations should not contain a lot of written text. If you fill your presentation with written text, you will find that the audience will not be listening to the presenter but they will be reading the text on the screen.
- Highlighting, bolding, underlining or enlarging text can draw focus to key points in your presentation.
- Use lots of images. Most people are visual so by using visual images to capture your topic, you will engage your audience. Infographics are also fantastic to use on PowerPoint presentations, try not to make them too wordy though as the audience will just read from the screen.
- Use your PowerPoint presentation to raise questions or present facts which will lead to questions from the audience and make your webinar and presentation really interactive.
- Use custom slides where possible – Differing from the built-in PowerPoint presentation themes will make sure your presentation is unique and give it an edge.
The average attention span of people is dwindling. We only allow a short time for something to capture our attention. Else, we get distracted and look for something else. So these are just a few tips on how can you make your PowerPoint presentation effective and keep your webinar attendees engaged!
Once you have put together a presentation with a wealth of content. You will want people to attend your webinar.
So how do you arrange for participants to attend?
Here are some techniques that will help you to create an invitation that will have them registering quickly to your online webinar.
- Do not sell the product, this is part of what you will do while presenting, instead you want to sell the offer.
- Hype up the event and the information that they will receive on your presentation – content is King! Besides while the goal will be to sell something, you don’t want your potential participants to know that, just yet!
- Have a sales/landing page that allows them to register easily and effectively with no fuss. Include a shorter video on there too.
- Send a great email newsletter invitation to your list to get them to sign up by leading them back to your sales page.
- Advertise on Social Media and promote your webinar.
What you should include in your invitation:
The invite needs to have facts and by showing them as benefits will develop a much a better registration result. Ensure that you really detail what sort of content that they will receive on the webinar and the benefit it is to them. By ensuring that your pitch and wording is right you will receive many more registrations.
Add images, videos and other graphics to your invitation. People are visual and often look at images or videos before reading the pitch. Infographics are a great way to show the benefits and other information as well.
A very important part of the invitation is to give the potential participant some information. They have to know what they are getting into by spending an hour watching your webinar. If they are going to participate, then you have to let them know why they should participate. You need to tell them who will be speaking at the webinar. For example, if it’s the tech genius of the world, qualifications and other information to really show their expert status.
Also include the date and time of the webinar. There are many resources and options available to allow for time conversion calculators so that the potential participant is able to convert their time into their local time. Ensure that you also send reminders leading up to the webinar as well and you can automate this feature.
Download our Essential Webinar Checklist which provides you with a step by step guide for hosting your webinar.
Technology is constantly transforming and changing the way the business practices are done. Online webinars are becoming the latest craze due to the ability to make traditional seminars more cost and time effective. Now educating your staff is more affordable and convenient with the help of software designed to make online webinars easy. Hosting an online webinar is no longer complex or expensive with the help of online webinar software. We discussed a few different types of free online webinar software in a previous article.
Why Does it Help?
This online webinar hosting software offered by Anymeeting is specifically designed to make everything easier just for you. If you have a business that is reliant on regular meetings, you can benefit greatly from hosting webinars online instead of meeting in person. Online webinars take some getting used to, but they take traveling out of the equation to help you save both time and money. Now you have the ability to stay in the office and still get access to the meeting or seminar that you need to be present at. Attending webinars from the comfort of your own office is possible through the use of software offered by Anymeeting.
Why Choose Anymeeting?
With the help of online webinar software provided by Anymeeting, you can host an online webinar for free. This service allows you to invite up to 200 guests to your webinar without any time limits attached. Now it is possible to stay connected in the office without ever having to leave. Holding a meeting online is becoming the preferred way to make your business more productive and efficient. Anymeeting will provide you a link for the online webinar to send to your attendees to register and attend. If you decide to upgrade, you can also record and host the online webinar within Anymeeting. There are no ads in the Pro Features as well.
How to Host
Hosting an online webinar will ensure that more people get access to the information that you are making available. The best part is that online webinars are so much cheaper and easier to host. You do not need to rent out a building designed to hold the amount of individuals that will be accessing your webinar, because it is completely online. Webinars are the new trend replacing traditional seminars. You can host easily from the convenience of your own office and do not have to have a lot of experience with software to host your very own webinar. A couple things that you will need is a fast and stable internet connection and also a microphone and headset. You can upload a presentation to the online webinar software and also a poll to quiz your attendees. You can host easily from the convenience of your own office and do not have to have a lot of experience with software to host your very own webinar.
You will be amazed by how simple and easy it is to actually host your own online webinar with software from Anymeeting. Since there is free and paid version, you do not have to worry about the cost or time limits. If you would like some assistance with hosting an online webinar, we have some great specialist packages available and you can contact us directly to discuss your requirements.